Another One

 I made up another Hitch Emblem for a neighboring fire department.  I started out trying to use MDF for the pattern with horrible results.  The letters kept breaking off while machining the pattern.  To fix this, I went to plastic.  I bought a .220" thick piece of Acrylic and machined the pattern out of that using a 5 degree draft cutter.  After the pattern was machined out, I sandblasted the pattern at a low pressure to blend everything together and remove some of the tooling marks.  This pattern has a pocket cut in the back for the hitch ring to nest into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.